View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
_maeve_
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 492
RK Residence (County, Town) : Galloway
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 am

Maeve quietly enters the Knight's Chapel and lays a white damask cloth on the altar, places candles on either end and then kneels down to pray. She prays to Jah that he will be with all the knights who will gather here today and she prays for the soul of the departed General Palestine_steel. When her heart is ready and full of the grace of Jah, she walks to the slate board on the front of the door and writes the following:

Memorial Service Today

Join with us today to pay respects and honour to our departed brother and fellow knight, General Palestine_steel.

All Knights, friends and relatives are welcome

Service to be performed by the Chaplain,

mSgt Maeve Irvine

Once she has written in the announcement, she moves into the sacristy to don her robes and prepare the order of service.

(OOC: I will allow time for everyone to RP their arrival before continuing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am

Almogrief entered the chapel, first saluting to the master sergeant and then moving up the aisle and kneeled before the altar before sitting down on chair in the front row.
Back to top Go down
Sparhawk21
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 594
RK Residence (County, Town) : Somerset, Bath
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:48 am

Sparhawk walks into the chapel with his finest garment on. He salutes Major Almogrief and then MSgt Maeve . He walks up to the alter, standing in front of it. He salutes for a minute in silence. He turns around and goes to a seat right behind Major Almogrief. Sparhawk sits down and waits for the service to begin.

Luja
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 1058
RK Residence (County, Town) : Devon,Chard
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:15 am

Luja Enters the chapel in his dark robe for special occasions,he didnt really know the General but wanted to pay him his respects.He prayed at the alter for a bit then went to the bench in the last row.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario_Vespucci
Visitor

Number of posts : 512
RK Residence (County, Town) : Lancaster, Kendal
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:30 am

Mario walks into the chapel, making as little noise as possible. Although he did not know the general, he sheds a tear, and says a silent prayer for him at the alter. He moves to sit by MAJ Almogrief, and SGT Sparhawk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elson88
Seneschal
Seneschal

Number of posts : 1643
RK Residence (County, Town) : Cumberland
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Gen Elson enter into the chapel and taken a front roll of seat. Waiting for the ceremony to start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_maeve_
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:56 am

Maeve nods solemnly to all the Knights gathered for this service. After taking time to pray and to compose herself she faces those present.

"Fellow Knights, brothers-in-arms, we are here today to gather in friendship as a family in sorrow. It is also ours to recall that Jah remembers all that was good in the life of our brother Palestine Steel and to ask Him to prepare him a good reception."

Her broad Scottish brogue is absent, but she cannot disguise the distinctive lilt of her homeland. Solemnly she turns and lights the candles she had set up earlier and then turns back to the knights.

"Friendship is the light of the world, it is the flame which heats our hearts. It now lights the path for Palestine Steel and leads him to the Kingdom of God!"

Maeve then places a small cross on the altar before she continues.

"Palestine Steel, we place this Aristotelian cross on the altar for you. This cross is the sign which connects Aristotle and Christ, and it is a sign of greeting and eternal life for you."

Maeve then places a small basket containing some wrapped parcels at the foot of the altar.

"Palestine Steel, we lay these gifts before the altar as a sign of our friendship, a sign of our prayer, a sign of our heart."

Maeve takes a deep breath, then continues with the service.

"Memorials point out several things to us:
- The memory of an Aristotelian friend who has just left us. Of a man who had a unique history with Jah. Who was surrounded with the tenderness of God. Who made use of this tenderness.
We are here in this chapel, gathered in the memory of Palestine Steel, to be aware of this bond of love, which always linked him to God, which links God with each one of us at all times.
- Death will come for each one of us; for some early, for others later, for some in their youth, for others in their old age.
The Lord warns us: 'Be ready, be always ready because you know neither the day nor the hour'. Aristotle guided us and Christos invites us to follow his example, to find our joy in living for others, to love as they loved us.
Our presence here is prayer. We call upon Aristotle, who measures the sins of our brother, and on Christos, who intercedes for him near the Lord so that he may partake in His Paradise."

She falls silent for a time, head bowed in silent prayer. Then she looks up to the gathered knights.

"Those who wish to may speak."

(OOC: I will allow a couple of days for anyone who wishes to, to speak, then I will conclude the service.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:45 am

Almogrief slowly stepped up in front of the altar and turned to face his fellow knights and then spoke:

"My fellow Knights of the Phoenix, the loss of General Palestine_steel is a great loss indeed and it will be hard to fill out his spot. He had for a long time served our ranks but also committed himself without any doubt to the common good of England, he had shed blood and sweat to keep our land safe!

Let him inspire you in all acts!

Jah bless you, General."

Almogrief then turned to face the altar again, he smacked his heels together and saluted it before he returned to his seat.
Back to top Go down
AIsafe
Marshal
Marshal

Number of posts : 1383
RK Residence (County, Town) : Lancaster, Manchester
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:14 pm

I step up too speak knowing my life has been shaped by the man I will speak Honor of...

With my head bowed slightly I move to the front to address those gathered to see off In Jah's guiding hands, my friend and fellow Knight and General who I was privileged too serve alongside with.

Reaching the front I turn to speak.

My good friend, Dear General Palestine_steel I mourn your loss ever so. But I know you are now looking down at us from the Heaven's above. You have taken me far with your Life's journey, I only wish I am worthy of Jah to see you once again if it is to be.

A wish to You Sir and a promise by me that I may continue to follow in your footprints that you have etched across our Motherland, all the while constantly in service to protect all who live within our lands.

You have shown me the character and poise needed to endeavour and persevere the hardship needed in those tasks. Always a kind and gentle man, a man who loved his family with great passion and a man who possessed great courage and dignity always giving what you could spare so those of meagerness would continue too pursue their dreams. A Decorated man of service having taken injuries serving for those who could not and returning time and again to the Field.
And a mentor of mine though you did not know it... You had shown leadership to me through your wisdom.

Your love of the Knights of the Phoenix and the love of your family will never be forgotten nor go unrealised as you have left a young man protecting what you loved, we will always remember you and as I have learned from you I will pass on to those who serve alongside me your passion...

I Thank You General Palestine_steel for sharing your life with the Knights of the Phoenix, Salute my good friend Salute.

...With my eyes floodgates now fully open, I hold my head high and leave the altar... taking my seat near Gen Elson...

Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:24 am

After allowing a reasonable time for everyone to speak, Maeve concludes the ceremony.

"Before leaving the chapel, we will say a last good bye to our brother General Palestine Steel. With respect and affection, let us entrust him to God in the hope that we will meet again in His presence."

That said, she allows for a a moment of silence before continuing.

"With all those who preceded us, who live already in the presence of the Lord and with the immense procession of the saints, let us wish him a good journey."

She spreads her arms out and blesses them all, "go in peace and serve the Lord."

Then she turns and leaves, not wanting to marr this service with her own illness.

(my apologies for the delay here - I was away)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aiiane
Visitor

Number of posts : 260
RK Residence (County, Town) : Keswick, Cumberland
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:18 pm

She slipped in quietly, the service in progress; took a place in the back of the chapel so not to disturb anyone. She had known of this man, but did not know the man himself. Nonetheless, he had been a great contributor to the Knights and she came to pay her respects.

So many good men and women gone, she thought, as she watched those who knew General Palestine_steel well speak of him. When the service concluded, she whispered, "Go in peace", and slipped from the chapel as quietly as she had entered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aandra
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 315
RK Residence (County, Town) : Cornwall , Launceston
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 pm

As people left, He slipped quietly up to the coffin,
placing his hand upon it, a few quiet personal words.

Well General Steel, no more my friend will i follow
your orders, nor argue long nights re my homeland Judea.

Salem Alichem , my friend, go in peace and find Hashem's
blessings .

Shalom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmix
The Grand Master
The Grand Master

Number of posts : 1777
RK Residence (County, Town) : Egremont, Westmorland
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Enters in the Chapel and joins others

Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Number of posts : 298
RK Residence (County, Town) : Cumbria, Carlisle
Registration date : 2007-10-22

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Mini listens quietly as Maeve gave a moving service in memory of Sir Palestine Steel. After the service, Mini silently walks up to the casket and lays some dogwood flowers for General Palestine.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Number of posts : 392
RK Residence (County, Town) : lancaster,liverpool
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:01 am

Proudy enters the room to pay his respects...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel   

Back to top Go down

[RP] In Memorium: General Palestine_steel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1